Sunday, December 28, 2014

I'm an Indiana Artisan

After several tries, I can finally say that I'm an Indiana Artisan.


 December 11, 2014 
Fran, 
Congratulations! The Indiana Artisan art jury panel thought your work was exceptional, which probably is no surprise to you. It is now part of the Indiana Artisan brand, and we will use it to demonstrate the fine art and foods coming from Indiana today. At the same time, you can use the Indiana Artisan brand to demonstrate that you have been recognized for being at the top of your craft. This organization was created by the Indiana State Legislature to expand the businesses of individual Hoosier artisans and at the same time leverage their exceptional work in art and food to create a brand that supports it, and is supported by it. 

Indiana Artisan admits an artisan’s work, not the artisan, and this confirms your jewelry from your lampwork glass beads may carry the Indiana Artisan logo. 
Again, thank you for your interest in this growing statewide family of artisans. I’m looking forward to working with you. 
Best regards, Happy Holidays and congratulations! 
Eric Freeman 



I joined the Artisans Thanksgiving weekend at the Ft. Wayne Grand Wayne Center for the first Holiday Artisan show and am excited to be joining them again Mar. 28-29 at the State Fairgrounds in Indian  But before that you will find me February 13 and 14 at the Indiana State Museum for the Indiana Art Fair, to which I have been invited back for the sixth or seventh year:-)

In the meantime, I am enjoying the holidays and some time off from the studio.  Early January will find me straightening up the studio and playing again with glass.  Here's hoping your holidays have been joyous!
Fran



No comments:

Post a Comment